Wednesday, January 10, 2007

P.S.


We made the fondue I describe below for Ian's bday party. In keeping with the fact that the Shire's inhabitants are food obsessed, this became a massive feast. We started with Lemon Goat Cheese Endive Spoons as hors d'oeuvres. Then the meal launched into Bacon-wrapped Scallops with a port reduction sauce. Then the aforesaid fondue. Then a light as air Julia Child Spinach Souffle (in case you haven't noticed, I am too lazy to place accents everywhere, so technically, I'm constantly misspelling anything French. Deal w/it please...) with lots of butter and eggs. Then a wasabi encrusted roast salmon accompanied by asparagus and shallots sauteed in balsamic and olive oil, with lemon juice finish and lemon zest. Finally a Julia Child chocolate mousse.

That's an obscene picture of the bacon wrapped scallop. I wrapped the bacon around the wrong way so the scallops didn't sear, and for that, I am sorry. It was ugly, but tasty.

This gargantuan feasty was all lubricated with bottles of wine. I remember a sancerre, a beaujolais, the remainder of the champagne and it ended with some other something that I probably couldn't read since my eyes were too blurred by that point in time.

So as an accurate calorie counter, I can say that this meal was about 5000 kabooglian calories. After I consumed the last spoonful of mousse I died. I died, and then I turned away from the light. And guess what? I was resurrected. I was resurrected to write more blog posts! This is my destiny.

If anyone finds this blasphemous, please kiss my booty.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home